Pages

Friday 24 April 2015

500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR SharePoint Site 2013

When I tried to open one of my Site Collections then I got the following error message:
SharePoint 2013 HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
Issue: Website cannot display the page due to HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.
I tried to do open SharePoint Central Administration, to see if I get the same error message. Strangely, I was able to open Central Administration without any errors.

I opened IIS Manager to make sure SharePoint – 80 Application Pool was running, and I noticed that SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPoolapplication pool was stopped.

I started SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool application pool, refreshed my SharePoint site but that didn't resolve the issue. I opened IIS manager and noticed.that SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool was stopped again.

I Check the IIS events log to check what’s the issue with SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool application pool. 
Solution:
The Disable-SPSessionStateService cmdlet turns off the session state service. If your farm does not depend on session state service, we recommend that you disable it.

We can disable session state by Disable-SPSessionStateService command. 
Disable-SPSessionStateService 
We have some optional parameters to disable session state. We can write the command as  
Disable-SPSessionStateService -AssignmentCollection AssignmentCollectionForSharePoint -ConfirmConfirmationSwitchParameter –WhatIf ConfirmationSwitchParameter

No comments:

Post a Comment